Natural Brown Sapphire
January 09, 2024
PRATHAP DE SILVA
When it comes to gemstones, sapphires are undoubtedly one of the most popular choices. Known for their stunning colors and durability, sapphires have been cherished for centuries. While blue sapphires may be the most well-known, there is another variety that is gaining attention for its unique beauty: natural brown sapphire.
What is Natural Brown Sapphire?
Natural brown sapphire is a type of corundum, the same mineral family as rubies and sapphires. It gets its brown color from trace elements of iron and titanium. The intensity of the brown hue can vary, ranging from light champagne to deep chocolate brown. This gemstone is often found in countries like Madagascar, Sri Lanka, and Australia.
Why Choose Natural Brown Sapphire?
1. Unique Color: Natural brown sapphires offer a distinctive and earthy color that sets them apart from other gemstones. Their warm and rich tones make them an excellent choice for those who prefer a more understated and natural look.
2. Versatility: Brown sapphires are incredibly versatile and can be used in various types of jewelry. Whether set in a ring, necklace, or earrings, they add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any piece.
3. Affordability: Compared to other colored gemstones, natural brown sapphires are relatively affordable. This makes them an attractive option for those looking to add a unique and beautiful gemstone to their collection without breaking the bank.
Caring for Natural Brown Sapphire
Like any other gemstone, natural brown sapphires require proper care to maintain their beauty and longevity. Here are a few tips:
1. Cleaning: Use a soft brush and mild soapy water to clean your brown sapphire jewelry. Avoid using harsh chemicals or ultrasonic cleaners, as they can damage the gemstone.
2. Storage: When not wearing your brown sapphire jewelry, store it in a separate compartment or pouch to prevent scratches from other gemstones or metals.
3. Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Extreme temperature changes can cause thermal shock and damage the sapphire. It's best to remove your jewelry before exposing it to high heat or cold.
Natural brown sapphire is a unique and beautiful gemstone that offers a warm and earthy alternative to traditional blue sapphires. With its versatility, affordability, and stunning color, it's no wonder that more and more people are choosing brown sapphires for their jewelry collections. By following proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy the beauty of your brown sapphire jewelry for years to come.