Natural White Sapphire
January 09, 2024
PRATHAP DE SILVA
When it comes to gemstones, diamonds may be the most well-known, but there are other stunning options out there. One such gemstone is the natural white sapphire. Known for its beauty and brilliance, the natural white sapphire is a popular choice for those looking for an alternative to traditional diamonds. In this blog post, we will explore the unique characteristics of natural white sapphire and why it is a gemstone worth considering.
What is a Natural White Sapphire?
A natural white sapphire is a type of corundum, which is the same mineral family as rubies and sapphires. While sapphires are typically associated with blue color, white sapphires are colorless or have a white hue. They are valued for their clarity and brilliance, making them an excellent choice for jewelry.
Why Choose Natural White Sapphire?
There are several reasons why natural white sapphire is a great choice for jewelry:
- Beauty: Natural white sapphires have a stunning brilliance that rivals diamonds. Their colorless or white appearance gives them a timeless and elegant look.
- Durability: With a hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale, natural white sapphires are extremely durable and can withstand everyday wear and tear.
- Affordability: Compared to diamonds, natural white sapphires are more affordable while still offering a similar level of brilliance and beauty.
- Uniqueness: While diamonds are the go-to choice for many, opting for a natural white sapphire allows you to stand out and showcase your individuality.
How to Care for Natural White Sapphire
To keep your natural white sapphire looking its best, it's important to take proper care of it:
- Cleaning: Regularly clean your natural white sapphire jewelry with mild soap and warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or ultrasonic cleaners.
- Storage: When not wearing your natural white sapphire jewelry, store it in a soft pouch or a separate compartment to prevent scratches.
- Avoid Impact: While natural white sapphires are durable, they can still chip or crack if subjected to a strong impact. Avoid wearing your jewelry during activities that may expose it to potential damage.
Natural white sapphires offer a stunning alternative to traditional diamonds. With their beauty, durability, affordability, and uniqueness, they are a gemstone worth considering for your next jewelry purchase. Whether you're looking for an engagement ring, a pendant, or earrings, natural white sapphire is sure to make a statement and stand the test of time.